Intro to Homebuyer Education & Fair Housing - $25 per household
Land Bank APPROVED
- Fair housing and how to report violations
- Housing options
- Renting vs. buying
- Mortgage readiness
- 4 C’s of credit, scores and reporting
- Create a spending plan and build an emergency fund
- Land contract basics
- Quiet title
- Title Insurance
- Mortgage vs. land contract
- Importance of a home inspection
- Energy efficiency in the home
MSHDA Homebuyer Education - $50 per household
- How much you can afford
- How to fix or improve your credit
- How to shop for the best mortgage loan
- The steps of the mortgage process
- Fair housing – know your rights
- The roles of the professionals involved in most home purchases
- What to include in your offer
- Home inspection basics
- The steps of the closing process
Individuals who have attended homebuyer courses may be better prepared and know what to expect during the mortgage application process.
To register and pay for a class, come into Genesee County Habitat for Humanity at 101 Burton St. Flint, MI, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM and enter through our ReStore. On Mondays, the ReStore is closed so enter the building through the front door.
You must be registered for a class NO LATER THAN THE DAY PRIOR.
Childcare is not provided so please make other arrangements for your children.
Please be on time, if you are more than 10 minutes late you will need to reschedule for another day at no additional charge.
Please see the flyers below for dates and times of the classes. Classes fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
**Please note, class is CANCELLED if Flint Community Schools close due to inclement weather only.